Simplified Q & A on Hajj – Shaikh Bin Baz
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
The following are a selection of commonly asked questions regarding Hajj, all answers from Shaikh Bin Baz رحمه الله تعالى.
1- If an individual has a wet dream whilst in a state of Ihram then what is the ruling?
If he has a wet dream and semen exits then upon him is to have the ghusl and nothing more than that. Him being in state of ihram is still correct and is not harmed since a wet dream is not from his choosing to occur, and similar to that is a fasting person in the ruling.
2- Is it permissible to use soap that has a fragrance to it whilst in a state of Ihram, and also toothpaste?
There is no problem in that, since it is not considered as actual fragrance in its nature.
3- Is it permissible to wear some items of clothing on top of the Ihraam due to extreme cold or rain?
There is no problem in that, if an individual wore a cloth or something resembling that to protect himself from extreme cold or rain it is ok, however he must not cover his head.
4- If hair falls out accidentally does it harm my state of Ihraam?
If the hair falls out from a woman or man during wiping it in wudu or washing it then there is no issue, similarly if something from the beard of a man fell out whilst washing or making wudu then it does not harm the state of ihraam since it is not done with intent.
5- Is it permissible to place fragrance upon the Ihraam sheets before going into a state of Ihraam [i.e. so that the fragrance lasts after he becomes muhrim]?
It is not permissible to place fragrance upon the ihraam sheets even before going into a state of ihram, rather the Sunnah is to place fragrance upon his body, like his head or beard or underarms before assuming a state of ihram.
6- What is the ruling on fasting 9th Dhul Hijja?
It is Sunnah for everyone except for the one actually in Hajj, for indeed the Sunnah for the one actually in Hajj is to not be fasting on the day of ‘Arafah.
7- I incorrectly thought going from Safa to Marwa then back to Safa was one length, and therefore ended up doing 14 lengths [since Safa to Marwa is actually one] so what is the ruling?
Seven is the obligation, as for the other 7 it is from your own doing and not permissible, but you are excused due to your ignorance, however you should seek repentance and forgiveness and not do that again if you make Hajj or ‘Umra again.
Donate to the Dawah
-  In search of solace whilst supplicating for our oppressed brothers and sisters in Palestine
-  Some Radical Views of Early Christian Zionists Regarding Their Opponents
- Zionist figurehead says, “It’s not the end of the world to strip those non-combatant Palestinians to the underwear!” From where did they inherit this evil behaviour?!
Top Posts & Pages
- Dealing With a troublesome Husband–Question to Imaam Bin Baaz
- Zionist figurehead says, "It's not the end of the world to strip those non-combatant Palestinians to the underwear!" From where did they inherit this evil behaviour?!
-  Assisting Elon Musk to be more specific in his request for “Education” to prevent Palestine from serving as a breeding ground for future murderers
- Book of Purification Umdatul Ahkam | Abdul Hakeem Mitchell | Manchester