The Levels of Explanation (Bayaan) – Ibn ‘Uthaymeen from Ibnul-Qayyim
- Explanation via revelation – the Qur’an itself.
- Explanation of its meaning such as the explanation that dhulm is shirk.
- Explanation through action.
- Explanation of something asked about not found in the Qur’an, then it is revealed in the Qur’an.
- Explanation of something asked about via revelation and is not revealed in the Qur’an, such as the man who entered into ihraam with a scented garment and then asked the Prophet (sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
- Explanation of some rulings initiated within the Sunnah.
- Explanation of the permissibility of something being performed and the absence of him forbidding it.
- Explanation of the permissibility of something being performed through affirmation of it.
- Explanation of something being allowed as a pardon through remaining silent about it
- Explanation of something the Qur’an obligated which has conditions and preventative barriers explained by the Prophet (sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
Mukhtārāt min ‘Ilaam Al-Muwaqq’een – Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymīn
Translated by Abū Humayd