Excerpts from Shaikh Rabee’s Book Titled ‘Marhaban Yaa Taalibal Ilm’ -[When Does Knowledge Benefit a Person?]
In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful, The Bestower of Mercy
Al-Allāmah Rabī bin Hādi al-Madkhalī [hafidahullāh] said:
O brothers! The deeds of the Muwwahid [the one upon tawheed] – the sincere individual – and his knowledge have a lofty status in the sight of Allāh. As for knowledge that is not beneficial, it is that which is not acted upon, and it is a source of evil for the person.
I believe that many of the youth indeed know quite a bit about tawheed and sunnah; however trials and tribulations have overcome them, so they have become amongst those who don’t act on the knowledge they possess. I fear, I fear – by Allāh – for many that they have become like this.
O Allāh! Verily we seek refuge with you from knowledge that does not benefit and from a soul that is not satisfied(1); we seek’s Allaah’s protection from knowledge that does not benefit, and we ask Allāh to bless us with beneficial knowledge and that we become firmly grounded and established upon knowledge, and that we know and act upon what we know.
(1) Part of a Hadīth in Sahīh Muslim:
Marhaban Yā Tālib al-‘Ilm pages 34-35 slightly paraphrased
Donate to the Dawah
Top Posts & Pages
-  Remind those who praise or retweet without clarity that there is no ambiguity about the danger of false Tabdee perpetrated by Dr. Muhammad Bin Haadi and the virtue of recantation in the case of Dr. Sulaymaan Ar-Ruhayli and others who defend Dr.Muhammad
-  Daniel – the bald-faced liar – approaches one of the worst types of usury
-  Remind those who praise or retweet without clarity that there is no ambiguity about the need for caution in the case of Dr. Sulaymaan Ar-Ruhayli, Dr. Muhammad Bin Haadi, and Their Supporters
- The "Dahiya doctrine" and "Hannibal code"