Giving Importance to the Prayer and Perservering upon it is a Cause of Provision – Shaykh Uthaymīn
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Shaykh Shaykh Uthaymīn (rahimahullāh) explained and extracted multiple benefits from verse 132 of Surah Ta-Ha:
وَأۡمُرۡ أَهۡلَكَ بِٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَٱصۡطَبِرۡ عَلَيۡہَاۖ لَا نَسۡـَٔلُكَ رِزۡقً۬اۖ نَّحۡنُ نَرۡزُقُكَۗ وَٱلۡعَـٰقِبَةُ لِلتَّقۡوَىٰ (١٣٢)
And enjoin As-Salât (the prayer) on your family, and be patient in offering them [i.e. the Salât (prayers)]. We ask not of you a provision (i.e. to give Us something: money); We provide for you. And the good end (i.e. Paradise) is for the Muttaqûn (pious and righteous persons – see V.2:2). (Ta Ha: 132)
Benefits extracted from this verse are:
- The importance of the prayer.
- The obligation of commanding the family with the prayer, and that which they need to perform it (wudhu etc).
- The obligation of patiently persevering upon the prayer, even if a person endures what he endures from striving of his soul.
- Allah’s complete Self Sufficiency (The Most High) of having any need of His creation, since He does not command us to seek provision from us.
- That giving importance, care and concern to the prayer; and patiently persevering upon it is a means of gaining provision.
- That having taqwa of Allāh (Mighty & Majestic) is a cause for a praiseworthy and good outcome in this life and the next.
Al-ilmām bi b’ad Āyāt al-Ahkhām Tafsīran wa Istimbātan Pgs. 54-55