Salafi Centre Masjid Announcement Masjid Announcement – Response to COVID 19
Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem
As-Salaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh,
Our beloved brothers and sisters it is with great pleasure that we announce that we will be reopening the Masjid for congregational prayers as of Fajr prayer Saturday 4th July 2020. There are clearly some changes which will be apparent and measures which we have had to implement as per government guidelines, we ask that you all remain patient with the changes that have been implemented and make dua for the full reopening of the masaajid.
Due to government guidance we have enacted a new Risk Assessment Policy, appointed a Safety Office and a Head of Operations to ensure we can provide a safe environment.
Measures Taken and Introduced:
- A deep clean and sanitisation of the masjid and all facilities has been undertaken.
- An enhanced cleaning schedule has been implemented.
- Hand sanitisers have been provided and are accessible at several points.
- All attendees are highly encouraged to make wudu before coming to the masjid, as per the sunnah (see below), however the toilet and wudu facilities will be available if needed, as we have introduced enhanced cleaning – however please observe distancing.
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said, “The reward of the prayer offered by a person in congregation is twenty-five times greater than that of the prayer offered in one’s house or in the market (alone). And this is because if he performs ablution and does it perfectly and then proceeds to the mosque with the sole intention of praying, then for every step he takes towards the mosque, he is upgraded one degree in reward and his one sin is taken off (crossed out) from his accounts (of deeds). (Al-Bukhari:645)
- We will provide shoe bags as the shoe racks will not be in use. Please keep shoes with you.
- The car park will be open, so as not to adversely disturb neighbours, please adhere to distancing.
- Signs reminding adherence to distancing when entering and exiting are in place.
- We ask that all elderly aged 70+ and anyone categorised as high risk, protect themselves and carry on praying at home in line with the advice of the scholars.
- It is also advisable for anyone over 60 to consider whether it is wise for them to attend.
- We ask that all who are advised to self-isolate for a period do not attend the Masjid.
- Notices will be placed around the Masjid in English and Arabic.
- Entry will be via the front of the building and exiting via the rear.
- The masjid will be open for all 5 daily prayers – Alhamdulillaah.
- Men and Women will have access – Men’s capacity is 53 and Women’s is 27.
- The masjid will open ten minutes before the congregational prayer and will close ten minutes after.
- All prayer places have been marked clearly with black and yellow tape.
- When entering please take your place and do not sit against the walls, chairs are available for those who need.
- All prayers excluding Jumu’ah prayers children 12 and above will be admitted with a responsible adult who ensures the child prays in the adjacent prayer place and the adult takes reasonable measures to ensure adherence to distancing.
- Please disperse promptly via designated exits and adhere to distancing.
- To facilitate the congregation for Jumu’ah prayer, we will have two congregations, the first beginning at 1.15pm
- Capacity is restricted and other than the Imam, access will be granted on a first come basis. There will be stewards performing head counts to manage attendees.
- The Masjid will open at 12.45pm for entry and the entrance will be locked once capacity has been reached.
- Attendees are asked to leave as soon as the prayer has been completed, exit will be via rear fire exits, to allow the second congregation to enter.
- For the Jumu’ah prayer due to severe restriction on space because of distancing we will not be able to facilitate the sisters, bearing in mind it is not an obligation for the women to pray in congregation – we make dua for the full opening of the Masjid without restriction.
- We will have a capacity of 100 on Jumu’ah including use of overflow areas upstairs.
- For the Jumu’ah prayer no children below 15 are permitted, this is due to restriction of space and the fact we are operating without our usual capacity.
- Please note there will be no car park access for vehicles on Friday, as per the advice of the scholars please park responsibly and do not cause difficulty or harm to the neighbours.
BaarakAllaahu feekum, Allah protect us all and keep us safe.