AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,
I hope (and make dua) for your success and steadfastness in this life and after death- success and steadfastness in knowledge and action. This advice is for myself and for you.
Was Salaamu ‘Alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh
Source: Wasiya Li-Ahadi Abnaa’ee 689-690
1. Basis of this is a Hadith which has been collected by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and other than them from the scholars of hadeeth, and it has been declared authentic by Al-Albani. In a narration, he (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) said: “Those who rectify themselves [and others] when the people have become corrupt.” Reported by Ahmad and At-Tabarāni.
2. Bukhari 5892, Muslim 260 – both narrations have within it a command to grow the beard long and trim the moustache.
3. “Whoever resembles a people is from them.” Abu Dawood 431 Authenticated by Al-Albani
4. Hadith in Tirmidhi Authenticated by Al-Albaani, wherein the Prophet says to Mu’aadh (Allah be pleased with him), “Restrain this (i.e. the tongue)…”
5. There are many aayaat encouraging with the dhikr of Allah, from them:
[يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ ذِكْرًا كَثِيرًا وَسَبِّحُوهُ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلًا [الأحزاب:41-
O you who have believed, remember Allah with much remembrance And glorify His Praises morning and afternoon. (Al-Ahzab:41)
6. The Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa salam) said, “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day then let him speak good or remain silent.” Bukhari 6018
7. “There are two blessings that many people are deceived into losing: health and free time.” Sahih al-Bukhari 6412
8. “And behave with people with good manners.” at-Tirmidhi 1987