Islamic Jurisprudence – ‘Fiqh’
The new book that Ustadh Abdul Hakeem has started which is ‘Umdatul Ahkam.’ It is different to the book that is covered on Mondays which Umdatul Fiqh. This book starts with the chapter of ‘Book of Purification’: Notes
Lesson OneA new book that Ustadh has started; ‘Umdatul Ahkam’ which is different to the book that is covered on Mondays which is Umdatul Fiqh.
This book starts with the chapter of ‘book of Purification’
All of the ahadeeth found in this book are agreed upon both Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.
• First hadith is the hadith of ʿUmar ibn al-Khattāb (radiyallāhu ʿanhu) narrated that Allāh’s Messenger (salallāhu ʿalaihi wasallam) said: “Actions are only by intentions, and for each person there is only that which he intended. So, whoever’s migration was to Allāh and His Messenger, then his migration is considered to be to Allāh and His Messenger. But whoever’s migration was to attain a worldly possession, or for a woman he wanted to marry, then his emigration is for that for which he migrated.”
1. Short biography of the noble companion and the leader of the believers ʿUmar ibn al-Khattāb (radiyallāhu ʿanhu).
- There after the following are covered:
2. Explaining of the wording of the hadith in the linguistic as well shariah
- When he accepted Islam and the impact it had to the muslims
- How many battles he attended.
- How long his khalifah was for.
- How he was kiled and who killed him.
3. Importance of intentions and its status.
- meaning of intentions
- meaning of action
- meaning migration
- The correct way to make it .
- How it can differentiation between normal acts and acts of worship.
- How it can be corrputed
- The benefits of this hadith:
1. Emphasises of the importance of the Niyyah (intention)
2. Inciting to have sincerity in the intention and making clear the value of that.
3. Warning against intending this dunya in our actions.
4. Showing that people differ concerning a person will be rewarded only for what they intended.
5. Purification is from actions therefore it cannot be established without a Niyyah
6. The excellence of the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam)’s manner of educating his companions and his perfect eloquence and clarification.
Lesson TwoHadīth 2
Upon the authority of Abū Hurayrah رضي الله عنه who said: The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said: The prayer of one of you is not accepted when you become impure until you make ablution.
• Brief biography of Abū Hurayrah رضي الله عنه.
• Who are al-mukthirīn (the 7 companions who narrated the most Hadīth)?
• Explanations of wordings and grammar in Hadīth.
• Do we need wudū’ for Salātul Janāzah?
• Why is wudū’ mentioned in this narration but not ghusl?
• Ruling on praying without wudū’ knowingly and unknowingly.
• Situations where wudū’ would be required for every prayer.
Lesson ThreeHadith 3
-Narrated ‘Abdullaah bin ‘Amr ibnu-l’Aas and Abu Hurayrah and ‘Aa’ishah (May Allaah be pleased with them), who said that Allaah’s Apostle (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “Woe to dry heels because of Hellfire.” [Sahih Muslim, Book 002, Number 0473]
⁃ An individual must cover all of the limbs when performing wudhu
⁃ ‘Woe’ - a wording of warning
⁃ ‘The heels’ - by missing the heels during wudhu could be a reason for you to enter the hell fire due to the fact that you have not completed the wudhu
⁃ ‘From the fire’ - the hellfire in the akhirah
⁃ The purification is one of the most important pillar of salah so leaving off something from it means your salah has not been corrected
⁃ Washing is the feet is obligatory and only the Shia opposite it
⁃ Each of the limbs have to be washed comprehensively
⁃ The recompense is from the same form of action in itself
⁃ Neglecting the heels during wudhu can lead to your legs being dipped into the hellfire
⁃ Conserve the water that you use during wudhu
⁃ Using so much water can lead to you being complacent but not reaching all the limbs
⁃ On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (May Allaah be pleased with him), that Allaah’s Apostle (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said,
“If anyone of you performs ablution he should put water in his nose and then blow it out and whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do so with odd numbers. And whoever wakes up from his sleep should wash his hands three times before putting them in the water for ablution, because nobody knows where his hands were during sleep.”
And in a narration by Muslim:
“Let him take water into his nose, washing the nose by putting water in it”.
And in another narration: And he who makes ablution, then let him take water into his nose.”
[Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 163
⁃ These affairs mentioned in the hadith are all commands due to the wording used by the narrator
⁃ The command of using an odd amount E.g. tawaf, throwing of the stone, wudhu etc
In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful, The Bestower of Mercy. What is known as human rights is one of the rights that have been frequently mentioned in this era. This term, which serves as the title of this lecture, is connected to a variety of studies, whether they are looking at Islamic law, the Islamic creed, the administration of justice…
In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful, The Bestower of Mercy. FGM – Female Genital Mutilation Allaah [The Most High] said: يُرِيدُونَ أَنْ يُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ They want to extinguish Allaah’s Light with their mouths [i.e. the Qur’an, the pure Islamic monotheism, and the guidance Allaah sent Muhammad with] but Allah wi…
In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful, The Bestower of Mercy. Strengthening The Rows and Closing The Gaps Between Performers of The Prayer – By Imaam Abdul Azeez Bin Baaz [may Allaah have mercy upon him] What is common here in the Kingdom – in prayer – is the absence of closing the gaps between the performers of the prayer in their rows, in…
In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful, The Bestower of Mercy. Who Ascertained and Declared You Have Reached The Level of Mufti- The Well-Known Scholars of Sunnah, Ahlul Bidah or The Common People?! Abdur-Rahmaan Bin Abee Layla [may Allaah have mercy upon him] said: I have met a hundred and twenty companions of the Messenger [peace and bless…
In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful, The Bestower of Mercy. Allaah [The Exalted] said: وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِنَ الْخَوْفِ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِنَ الأَمْوَالِ وَالأَنْفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِالصَّابِرِينَ ٱلَّذِينَ إِذَآ أَصَـٰبَتۡهُم مُّصِيبَةٌ۬ قَالُوٓاْ إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّآ إِلَيۡهِ رَٲجِعُونَ أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ عَلَيۡ…
In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful, The Bestower of Mercy. Few Reminders – From Statements of Imaam Abdul Azeez Bin Baaz and Imaam Muhammad Ibn Saaleh Al-Uthaymeen – to Saudi Makeup Artist (Salwa Koshak) and Deema al-Khudair (The One Who Promotes Her at Arab News) Few Reminders – From Statements of Imaam Abdul Azeez Bin Baaz and Imaam M…