Qadr’Allah due to the distancing required then for taraweeh this year we will only be able to have the masjid open for the brothers only. We will review this based on numbers on a daily / weekly basis.
As it stands- the men’s side will be open, and the overflow will use both the women’s side and the flat upstairs. It will also be on a first come first serve basis, so please be aware of this. We can only house so many brothers so, we ask you pardon and be patient with us, if there isn’t enough space.
May Allah grant us all a prosperous and beneficial Ramadhaan
Work will be take place today to repair and level, and then replace women’s entrance flooring. See old flooring images Below
Lots of work has been underway to transform the cabins! Walls ripped out, ceilings shifting, new insulation added, See Pictures Below.
Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu
By the grace and mercy of Allah the appeal has been completed and we’ve hit £15,000!
Just a reminder that anyone who is a U.K. tax payer you can gift aid your donation – whereby the masjid will receive an extra 20%. Simply go to SalafiCentre.com/Giftaid and fill out the form.
As an update on the work that we have started and underway we will post pictures and videos of it shortly. However in brief:
– we have already been working on the classrooms, having stripped walls and adding insulation, changing and repairing the electrics and lighting and heating.
– our new boiler system is now booked and due to be fitted at the end of next week
– the non slip commercial entrance floor and levelling has been booked for Tuesday.
– we’ve installed our first door entry system with camera. We will be completing the rest next week.
May Allah reward you all for your donations to the masjid. May Allah alleviate any difficulties we all have or are suffering and make the means of charity a reward and expiation for our sins.
Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu
We hope and pray you are well and in the best of eemaan.
The masjid is in need of work to help repair some items. Much of this work is urgent and needs doing before the term starts and we have children back in.
1) Boiler and Heater replacement:
As the masjid is split into sections we have multiple boilers. Alhamdulilah we have changed 2 into industrial ones (see previous appeals) however we have still been using and maintaining the domestic one in the upstairs section. It has now started to leak, and fail; and we’ve been told the repair is not of any value, and that we should replace it.
2) Outside Women’s Side cabin insulation work, repairs and roof leaks. These cabins are used for Quran regularly and consistently, but it is difficult to keep them warm in winter and aired well in summer. The roof is also leaking and we’ve attempted to patch it but unsuccessfully. The work required therefore is:
– re-insulating all walls
– re-boarding all walls with thicker boards and plastic sheeting for hygiene and longevity
– additional underfloor heating
– complete roof replacement
– additional roof waterproofing
– ceiling lining and lights
3) masjid entrance flooring. Currently we have tiles and use carpet flooring which is both a hazard and also creates a foul smell when mixed with rain water. This will be replaced with an industrial plastic linoleum flooring on both men’s and women’s side with the floor requiring levelling.
4) Additional automatic door entry mechanisms on women’s doors, flat doors, office doors, kitchen doors; due to expanded use.
The total for all work is £15,000. Alhamdulilah the masjid has already saved £1500 of that leaving £13,500.
You can also donate via bank using these details:
Account Name: Dar Ul Hadith
Sort Code: 309542
Account Number: 05570092
Bank Name: Lloyds
BIC CODE: LOYDGB21004
IBAN NUMBER: GB19 LOYD 3095 4205 5700 92
Or via Paypal here:
Whatever you can donate will be appreciated and may Allah reward you all with much goodness and alleviate any difficulties due to the good charity you may give.
We will continue to update this articles with pictures, videos and any total updates.
Shaykh Saalih al-Luhaydaan (hafidahullah), Member of the Committee of Senior Scholars of Saudi and Former Chief Council of the Supreme Judicial Court was asked:
Oh Honourable Shaykh, this questioner from Britain says, alhamdulillaah we have a Salafi masjid in the city of Manchester, “Salafi Centre of Manchester” Alhamdulillaah Allah has blessed us in being able to call to Tawheed and the Correct Methodology.
Our Shaykh, this Masjid normally accommodates approximately 400 people for the prayers, and sometimes for the Jumu’ah prayer it is full. However currently, due to the Corona Virus – Allah protect us and you from it – the government has placed conditions in this country restricting mixing in the masjid, it is therefore a must that we have at least a one metre gap between the people praying, this means – especially for the Jumu’ah prayer – that we can only accommodate 100 people.
The question oh Shaykh, is it permissible to establish two Jumu’ah prayers instead of one, so that we can accommodate more people, with the knowledge oh Shaykh, and this is important, that if we did not do this then indeed the people will feel compelled, especially the common folk, to go and pray in the masaajid of the people of innovation, and in this is great danger for their religion, especially with the fact that this country is full of evil misguided groups and their misguiding doubts – Allah’s aid is sought.
And if this is permissible, is it better that we establish the two Jumu’ah prayers with one khateeb or two different khateebs?Please give us fatwa (on this issue), Allah reward you with good.
The Shaykh (Allah preserve him) answered this question saying,
Yes this is permissible in necessity (like the current situation with Covid 19 and the Government restrictions). However it should be done by two separate khateebs, the first Jumu’ah prayer with their imam and khateeb, shortening the length of the khutbah and prayer Jumu’ah, then the other congregation with another imam and khateeb, shortening the Khutbah likewise and praying the Jumu’ah prayer.
The shaykh also said, it is not allowed for anyone in the first congregation to repeat with the second. Allah knows best.
Question posed: Yawmul Ithnayn 15 Dhuʻl-Qiʻdah 1441 AH 4.00pm Saudi Time: Monday 6th July 2020 2.00pm UK Time